26 July 2018
3 Places to Party with Tour of Utah: Stage 3
by Discover Davis
We’re proud to host the Tour of Utah for the 4th year in a row! This professional cycling race is so exciting to have in our community. We encourage everyone to go watch the race and cheer on riders from around the world. There are plenty of opportunities to party with the Tour of Utah in Davis County, find out how below:
AUGUST 8TH, 2018:
Kick-Off Party at Antelope Island State Park
Kids Race at 6:30pm
For youth ages 12 and under. Kids receive free t-shirt and snacks! Race will be at the north loop of the island (about 1.3 miles).
Sign up is required beforehand – deadline Tuesday, August 7th at 4:00pm. Contact Wendy Wilson to register your child: firstname.lastname@example.org
Party at Visitor Center’s Amphitheater at 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- Free Dutch oven samples, provided by the International Dutch Oven Society
- Live Music by Michelle Moonshine
- More fun activities!
*Free entrance to Antelope Island State Park from 6:00pm to 8:00pm if you mention the Tour of Utah Kick-Off Party at the gate!
AUGUST 9TH, 2018:
Party at the Start of Tour of Utah: Stage 3 (10:00am to 11:30am)
Starting Line at Fielding Garr Ranch on Antelope Island State Park
The riders will be starting at the Fielding Garr Ranch at 11:15am and riding off Island from there – but note that the road to the ranch will close before 11am. Arrive early to enjoy the expo, get rider’s autographs and more:
- Free Park Entry: To encourage spectators, the day-use entry fee into the park will be waived the morning of the race until the TOU riders exit the Island.
- Come to the Ranch early and enjoy:
- Free Dutch oven samples
- Youth will receive a free t-shirt that can be signed by the athletes along autograph alley
- Enjoy the excitement of a world class cycling event
Street Party in Farmington (Noon to 2:30pm)
Join hundreds of spectators in Farmington at the corner of State and Main Street in watching the Tour of Utah riders pass through here twice!
From noon to approx. 2:30 enjoy:
- Free face painting
- Food trucks
- Sidewalk chalk
Layton City’s Finish Line Party (Noon to 3:30pm)
Experience the exciting finish of the Tour of Utah: Stage 3 at the Layton Commons Park. The riders will be doing three circuits through the Finish Line before someone crosses as a winner!
Tour of Utah Expo
- Enjoy the Tour of Utah Expo at Layton Commons Park:
- 40+ vendors
- Food Trucks
- Kids activities
- Carnival games and carnival ride
- Balloon artist
- Kids Bike Rodeo (by Trek Bicycle)
- Watch the whole race on the Ed Kenley Amphitheater Screen – Tour Tracker will be broadcast
- Live Music: ‘Code Blue’
- Playing 12:00pm-3:00pm
Kids’ Bike Race at 1:00pm
On the West side of Layton High School, on the Finish Line.